Training and Placement Cell is an integral part of our college. The college has provided complete infrastructure
for effective functioning of the cell. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards
preparing the prospective students for the campus selection programmes. The cell keeps on inviting various
industries and reputed firms for campus recruitment. It moulds the graduates as young corporates. The cell is geared to function all through the year towards generating placement and training opportunities for the students.
Reputed industrial houses across the country visit our college regularly for the campus recruitment programmes.
The placement cell coordinates quite well with the corporate sector and provides well-developed infrastructure to
facilitate the campus selection programmes. The cell maintains a very cordial relationship with all the recruiting
industries and also prepares the students to face the competitive world by training programmes.
Placement services provided to students in 2011-12
Placement services provided to students in 2010-11
- An orientation programme on "Job opportunities for fresher and job seekers" was conducted by ASL First Job Centre on 6/7/2011 for UG and PG final year students.
- First Source BPO Company conducted campus interview on 19.07.2011 in our college. In that nearly 110 students from the various departments of our college has participated and nearly 65 students were selected. Selected students were attended the training for thirty days.
- Maersk Global Service Center India Pvt., Ltd conducted off-campus drive in our college on 17th & 18th December 2011 for recruiting candidates for the post of Accountants and Senior Accountants. Nearly 250 candidates attended the interview.
- TCS BPO conducting free training in our college campus for our students from 13.12.2011 to improve employability for economically weak rural youth which encompass powerful interactive content in English Communication, Basic Corporate Etiquette and in general, will buildup confidence in the students to fare creditably at job interviews. The duration of free employability training is around 80 hours comprising 3 hours per day. A total of 70 students of our college are getting benefited from this training. Every student who attends the training will receive TCS certificates after conclusion of program. On completion of the training TCS BPO recruitment team will conduct tests and interviews and successful students will receive conditional offers of employment at TCS BPO non-voice back end jobs in transaction processing, market research, financial accounting and telecom and database management.
- TCS BPO conducted a campus interview on 04.02.2012. Around 40 students attended the interview and 11 of them received their offer letters.
- APK Manpower consultancy services, Trichy conducted a campus interview for WIPRO Bangalore on 06.02.2012. All UG final year students attended the interview which includes communication level, group discussion and one to one HR technical round. 14 students got selected and received their offer letters.
- ISSM, Chennai conducted a campus placement on 10.03.2012 and 11 of our student were selected and got their offer letters.
- TCS English Communication and Basic Corporate Etiquette Training programme was conducted by
TCS Ltd, Chennai for graduates passing out in 2010 (B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., and post graduates of these
streams). This free training was conducted for 4 hrs per day for 4 weeks from 13.08.10 to 09.09.10.
Every day sessions included group discussions, technical updates, knowledge sharing exercises to name a few.
At the end of the training program, the students who had been regular in attendance are duly certified by TCS. And those students who qualified via an entrance test held by TCS BPO had been recruited on 14.09.10.
13 students were offered jobs by TCS BPO.
- Our College Placement cell jointly with Shine Soft Firm, Trichy organized a one day job fair
(Part-time and Full time) on 6th Dec 2010 inside the campus from 10.00am to 03.00pm at Main block AV Hall.
Nearly 150 students participated in the fair and 35 students were short listed and 9 of them were declared to be qualified for getting placement in Shine Soft Firm.
- The placement cell conducted an On Campus Interview for 2008-2011 Batch final year students
jointly with Eureka Forbes-Mumbai. One hundred and eighteen under graduate students from various
discipline of the college attended the interview conducted by the company. Company decided to offer
training and placement to 25 students of BBA, B.Com and B.Sc. Biotechnology students. These students
after training will be placed in Trichy, Madurai, Salem, Cuddalore and Coimbatore district.
- L & T Ltd., (Technology, Engineering and Construction Company conducted a campus interview for
the post of "Graduate Commercial Trainees" on 21st Feb 2011. Ten of our students have been recruited and
offer letters have been issued to them.